We are Odilo: a fast-growing scale-up on a mission to democratize access to high-quality education and improve literacy skills and critical thinking skills. Many call us the “Netflix for Education.”,
We are trusted by over 4,500 institutions (government, schools, libraries, universities, enterprise and startups) that use Odilo to provide digital content access to over 140 millions of users in 43 countries and are proud to be supported by the European Commission to improve literacy across Europe.
Our team is truly international (10 nationality) and with champions from the top companies in the education, media, publishing and technology industries.
As a Content Partnerships Manager, you will report to the SVP Content Partnerships and be responsible for finding and onboarding new content providers and structuring existing content partnerships to help our Company improve its overall content portfolio of thousands of content providers.
Ideally, you have experienced negotiating previous partnership or media licensing agreements (courses, education, podcast, webinars, articles or any other licensed digital content) and you are familiar with which providers add-value to various market segments.
Success in this position requires the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, hands-on, do fearless international business development (for content partners), be goal-oriented, be well organized and collaborate with other members of your team to deliver on ambitious goals.
Learning and development are at the core of our company. We proudly incentivize a culture of lifelong learning by offering our teams the ideal learning environment and experience: unlimited ebooks and learning materials through our digital library, building physical learning spaces in our offices, promoting knowledge collaboration with book clubs and even allowing our teams to invest 3 hours per week of their daily schedule to learn what you want at their own pace.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build new content partnerships with content providers of multiple formats such as courses, podcasts, articles and edtech, while occasionally supporting your colleagues with ebooks, audiobooks, magazines or video.
- Negotiations of partnership commercial terms and legal agreements.
- Conduct partnership conversations with mid and senior-level content provider decision-makers and influencers.
- Manage and regularly update your content partnerships pipeline in a CRM.
- Build strong relationships with media companies and support them to maximize their business with Odilo.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Has previous experience working in a media partnerships role with traditional and other types of content providers
- Good knowledge of the media industry, specifically on new formats or educational content.
- Solid English and Spanish verbal and written skills,
- Proactive, hunter-like attitude
- Very hands-on, able to work on multiple partners and projects with different objectives and collaborators
- Understand how to use prospecting tools such as Linkedin
- Fast learner and eagerness to listen and learn from your peers
- Has a strong work ethic, is a self-starter and willing to do what it takes to deliver
- Very organized and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Inspires a culture of innovation, execution, collaboration, accountability, positivity and fun
It will be a big Plus:
- Worked with content providers in education or media formats, e.g. courses, case studies, reports, articles, educational content, etc .
- Deep understanding of different digital content license models in B2C or B2B.