We are ODILO: a fast-growing edtech company with a mission to democratize access to high-quality education and provide educational technology solutions to help our users reach their full potential.
Through our solutions, we integrate access to millions of digital content items from the world’s best providers and, using educational technology and Artificial Intelligence, enable any organization to create its own unlimited learning ecosystem.
Currently, more than 4,500 institutions (governments, schools, libraries, universities, companies and startups) place their trust in Odilo, providing access to the benefits we offer to more than 149 million users in over 50 countries.
Our team is truly international (19+ nationalities) with the best talent across the education, media, content, and technology sectors.
As Business Strategy Director, you will have a direct impact on the global results of the company by leading the Sales Planning process of the company and by implementing the Sales Operations strategy and tactics at Odilo. Reporting directly to the VP of Strategy, and working together with the other VPs, Directors and different global teams, you will have direct responsibility over the teams that are in charge of Business Planning, Sales Operations, Sales Enablement and Market Research.
As the head of the department, you will be a key piece in the organization for the definition of the Sales Strategy of the company by providing market intelligence and a deep understanding of Odilo performance and metrics in each market. The department will be responsible for the implementation of the agreed Strategy by designing and implementing efficient and robust company-wide commercial processes and systems, defining and tracking the right KPIs while ensuring the correct routines to help the commercial team excel on their results, enabling them with training, playbooks, tools and sales collateral.
We place learning and development at the core of our company, and are proud to encourage a culture of continuous learning where you will have access to our unlimited resources of ebooks, courses, videos, etc; through to our internal unlimited learning ecosystem.
You should support a culture of learning within the team, and have the ambition to learn, innovate, and change the status quo.
What you will do at ODILO:
- Leading a team of A-players that is in charge of Business Strategy, Sales Operations , Sales Enablement and Market Research, developing the team members on a daily basis, ensuring achievement of targets
Business Strategy, Planning and analysis
- Drive Odilo quarterly planning, target setting and achievement tracking processes in close collaboration with VPs of Sales and Marketing in each vertical
- Run in depth analysis to highlight business drivers and opportunities for improvement/growth.
- Provide analytical approaches to increase analytical rigor in decision-making and strategy definition critical to maintaining and developing long-term growth
- Carry out market research to drive new business territory sizing and identify best opportunities for growth
- Implement and promote sales management policies and frameworks including but not limited to: commercial incentives, sales performance, client segmentation principles, etc to optimize the speed of the opportunities through the funnel and the conversion ratios
- Delivering operational efficiencies, boosting productivity and helping Odilo gain a competitive edge
- Own, develop and drive the roadmap for continues improvement of our CRM policies and processes, enabling effective sales planning and ongoing operational functions in a high growth organization
- Develop and maintain standardised operational reports and dashboards to monitor overall organisation health, data integrity, and other key objectives and performance indicators. Ensure data integrity
- Lead the team responsible to build, update and maintain programs for ongoing enablement and learning of salespeople to ensure they have the necessary knowledge to perform and excel at their jobs (sales pitch certification, product knowledge, value selling techniques, sales playbook creation, collaterals, etc)
- Ensure effective execution of the sales process and strategy. This includes tracking, measuring, and reporting on the sales team performance and implementing improvement programmes
- Work closely with VP/Sales Directors to define yearly training plans for the teams
The ideal candidate will need to bring:
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in Sales Operations, Business Planning, Consulting or Investment Banking, with increasing responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field, Master’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years experience managing teams in an international organization
- Ability to operate as a trusted partner with business leaders, to bring strategic insights, challenge, and influence.
- Innate problems solver who wants to grow in a flexible, collaborative culture and growing environment
- Expertise in developing and implementing streamlined processes
- High planning, organization, reporting, project management and presentation skills and superior attention to detail.
- Excellent multitasking skills, hands on approach, dynamic and motivated. A team player who enjoys working in a matrix and international set up
- Advanced Excel modeling & analytical skills
- Fluency in Spanish and English
What would make us happy:
- Experience in a technology company and especially in B2B businesses
- Expertise working with CRMs (e.g. Pipedrive, Salesforce) and analytical tools (e.g. SQL, Tableau)
- Experience in Tier 1 Strategy Consulting
Working at ODILO is about being part of a permanent learning culture, where everyone has the opportunity to take on challenges and participate in the growth of the company.
But we also offer:
- A unique and challenging job within an international, creative, and ambitious work environment.
- Semi-remote work options available.
- Flexible Compensation Plans: Food, Transportation, Childcare, Training, Health insurance and much more.
- A salary commensurate with track record and experience
- Real opportunities for internal professional development.
Sounds like a mission made for you? Then we need to talk!